The Business Development (BD) team works with both Financial Institutions (FIs) and Merchants to grow their UnionPay business on Acquiring and Issuing Project. Business Development Manager (BDM) will partner with Customer Delivery (CD) and Marketing (MKT) teams to deeply understand the needs of FIs and merchants, meet their needs via UnionPay solutions.
1. Establish and maintain positive, constructive and mutual beneficial relationships with institutional partners such as banks, acquirers, etc.
2. Identify potential partners with business needs and areas for cooperation, recruit potential partners as UnionPay members and support them to launch UnionPay business in short period.
3. Work on the card issuing, card accepting and merchant enablement according to the overall strategy of company.
4. Lead negotiation of card issuing and accepting project and drive project execution.
5. Follow up closely on partner performance and work on lifecycle management.
6. Define strategy and deliver financial objectives including transaction volume, net revenue.
7. Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders to deliver valuable business solutions, value-added services and innovative products to the partners and influence their preference and loyalty for UnionPay.
8. Leverage internal functions, including Product, Marketing, Operations, Member Support and etc., to increase penetration of UnionPay products and programs such as card issuing, ATM/POS acquiring, e-Commerce, mobile payment etc.
9. Negotiate contracts, manage and monitor the process of the contracts with the partner.
10. Deliver performance review to partners in regular basis by development of reporting and logical forecasting.
11. Collect feedback from partners on product, marketing, operations, risk, member support, training, etc. and provide improvement proposals after co-ordination with internal function teams.
12. Optimise the information sharing with other teams for potential cross-sales opportunities
1. Bachelor's degree or above in related discipline;
2. Solid experience in business development in the local market, preferably in cards and/or payment industry, with card issuing experience;
3. Good analytical skills and negotiation skills;
4. Good communication and interpersonal skills;
5. Self-driven and highly motivated;