Purpose of the Job
1) Expand and grow UnionPay Issuing and Acquiring Business in Thailand. Source for and work with prospective local partners to issue and acquire UnionPay Cards.
2) Promote brand awareness of UnionPay Card with Partner Bank/Non-banks. (This should be more of a marketing and branding department area)
3) Work with partners to identify opportunities to promote new UnionPay products and services.
4) Manage the relationships with new and existing partners.
5) Have a good understanding of the competitive environment in order to develop and strategize business plans.
1) Implement partner strategy and plan that supports the Market Development strategy and drive incremental revenue to UnionPay that creates value for acquirers and issuers alike. Strong focus on traditional payment tools and the market roll out of new product initiatives, e.g. ecommerce, remittance.
2) Contribute towards developing strategic business plans through the provision of appropriate account and market intelligence and, to take responsibility for implementation of these specific action plans to support overall relevant strategy.
3) New business development to expand UnionPay card acceptance at new merchant segments and execute merchant marketing programs to drive usage at new merchant segments.
4) Partner with key internal functions, to identify new business opportunities and product ideas that enable Merchants to customize products and solutions to best support their strategy.
5) Develop strong internal relationships within UnionPay to enable acquiring and issuing business and broader value chain to achieve their business goals and differentiate UnionPay from its competitors.
-Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 4-5 years relevant experience in Business Development, preferably in cards and/or payments industry, with demonstrated success of driving profitable business growth.
-Card issuing experience highly preferred.
-Good analytical skills
-Good negotiation skills
-Good communication and interpersonal skills
-Good understanding of payments technology
-High energy level