Get around Hong Kong with UnionPay APP
Scan any Transit QR Codes to
enjoy HK$1 Transit Reward per ride
Scan any Transit QR Codes to
enjoy HK$1 Transit Reward per ride
|• The HK$1 Transit Reward will be automatically deducted upon the next ride of the participating public transportation.
|• Each eligible UnionPay APP User can enjoy the Transit Reward twice in maximum per day.
|• Transit Reward can be used accumulatively.
|• The offer is not applicable to certain sectional fare offers provided by designated public transportation companies.
|• The maximum amount to be offset is capped at 50% of the corresponding one-way fare.
|• The Reward is valid for 14 days starting from the date of issuance.
|• Quotas apply on a first-come, first-served basis and while stocks last. The Promotion may end early subject to the availability of the quota.
- UnionPay APP Transit Reward of Hong Kong public transportation (refers to "Promotion") is valid from now until 31 March 2024 (refers to "Promotion Period").
- The Promotion is only applicable to the UnionPay APP users (refers to "Users") who have bound their UnionPay Card with card number starting with 62 and issued by designated card issuing institutions (refers to "UnionPay Card") with the APP.
- During the Promotion Period, Users can enjoy HK$1 Transit Reward (refers to "the Reward") per ride using the UnionPay APP MTR Transit QR Code or UnionPay APP Transit QR Code to travel with MTR, Kowloon Motor Bus (refers to "KMB") / Long Win Bus (refers to "LWB") / Citybus (refers to "CTB") / HK Tram/ HK & KLN Ferry (refers to "HKKF")/ Sun Ferry, and redeem the Reward upon the next ride using the Transit QR Code(s).
- Each eligible User can enjoy the Reward twice in maximum per day.
- The Reward can be used accumulatively. The Reward will be automatically deducted upon the next ride of the participating public transportation using any of the Transit QR Codes to pay the fares. The maximum amount to be offset is capped at 50% of the corresponding one-way fare.
- The earning and use of the Reward are also applicable to the "QR Code Ticket" users who have bound and set UnionPay APP as default payment method with MTR Mobile.
- The Reward will be released to the account of eligible UnionPay APP Users. Users are required to update the application to the latest version and tap "My Red Packet" session to access "My Red Packet" page, and check the Reward usage details via "Transit Reward" session.
- The Reward is valid for 14 days starting from the date of issuance. Expired Reward will be cleared in system automatically and will not be issued again.
- Quotas apply on a first-come, first-served basis and while stocks last. The Promotion may end early subject to the availability of the quota. Record in UnionPay APP is served as final under any circumstances.
- The Reward will only be used for deduction when the spending requirement or other conditions specified by the corresponding reward are fulfilled. It is unnecessary to open or operate with the balance page when using the Reward. The fare will be automatically deducted upon transaction via UnionPay APP and the deducted amount will be shown on the completion page in app. For the terms and conditions of usage, please refer to "My Red Packet" page.
- The offer details will not be shown on the screens of MTR Gate, MTR Mobile, or POS machines of the participating companies when using the Reward to offset the fares. Users can refer to UnionPay APP in-app notification, actual amount debited by issuing bank and the transaction summary of the Reward for record.
- The Reward auto-deduction function can be set in UnionPay APP and it is switched on by default. Go to "Me" and click the setting icon on the top right corner, then select "Payment Settings" and "Red Packet Usage Settings" for the auto-deduction setup. The Reward will not be deducted if the function is switched off and the value will be kept under "MTR Transit Reward" or "Transit Reward" within its validity until the auto-deduction function is switched on for spending.
- If Users have more than one kind of "Exclusive Red Packet" or Transit Reward, the system of UnionPay APP would deduct the one with larger deductible amount first according to the terms and conditions; if the deductible amounts are the same, the system would deduct the one with an earlier date of issuance; if the deductible amounts are the same but the validities are different, the system would deduct the one with an earlier expiry date. If Users have registered for different UnionPay offers at the same time, it is reminded that the Transit Reward is under "UnionPay Red Packet" and the existing sequence of deduction is set as follows: Instant Discount/ Coupon > Exclusive Red Packet > UnionPay Red Packet.
- The Transit Reward cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions, including the UnionPay Offers. Certain sectional fare offers provided by designated public transportation companies involving refunds are not eligible for this offer. The distributed Transit Reward will be cancelled upon the fare refunds from the public transportation companies and the quota used will still be counted.
- The Reward will not be reissued and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Reward may not be credited to the account instantly. Please contact UnionPay International Customer Service Hotline if the Reward is not credited to the account after 1 working day upon designated transaction.
- The value of the Reward is same as cash, i.e. HK$1 Reward is equivalent to HK$1 in cash.
- MTR Transit QR Code/ Transit QR Code is only applicable to UnionPay APP. Both MTR Transit QR Code and Transit QR Code are not applicable to other UnionPay QR Code Wallets.
- Registration with the same device, same user ID, same mobile number, same bank card reserved mobile number, same bank card (physical) or same identity card number will be classified as the same User. Virtual mobile number and card number are not accepted in the Promotion.
- The Reward will only be applicable to qualified transactions excluding cancelled, refunded and reversal transactions. If the transaction is cancelled by the Users, MTR Corporation Limited, The Kowloon Motor Bus Company (1933) Limited, Long Win Bus Company Limited, Citybus Limited, Hong Kong Tramways, Limited, Hong Kong and Kowloon Ferry Limited or Sun Ferry Services Company Limited the Reward will be cancelled and the quota used will still be counted.
- Each eligible transaction can enjoy the Reward once only. If the transaction is qualified for more than one reward campaigns, UnionPay system has the right to determine which reward campaign applies.
- If the transaction is cancelled or refunded, the Reward used will normally be refunded to the User’s account. The balance of paid amount will be refunded to the corresponding UnionPay Card. The Reward will not be returned for any manual refund. Please contact UnionPay International Company Limited (refers to "UnionPay International") if the refunded amount is incorrect.
- Participating users will be disqualified for any of the following violations (refers to "Violations"):
a) Fraud transaction;
b) Participation in the Promotion for the purpose of illegal profits;
c) Participation in the Promotion by maliciously using multiple accounts (including but not limited to the same IP/ same device/ same registered mobile number/ same bank card reserved mobile number/ same bank card (including the virtual card attached to the master card)). Participation or assistance in withdrawal of UnionPay resources (including but not limited to coupons of all kinds, Transit QR rewards, red packets or other rewards);
d) Participation in the Promotion by any robot software, spider software, crawler software, spamming software or other automated means;
e) Violations of the principle of good faith;
f) Implementing other cheating behaviour that is not actually receipt.
- If there is any Violation during participation in the Promotion, UnionPay International reserves the right to disqualify the User and inactivate his/her UnionPay APP account, forfeit the reward and withdraw the Reward issued (including the consumed amount). UnionPay International reserves the right to claim against the offending users according to the seriousness of the circumstances and pursue relevant legal responsibilities.
- As to any Users and tools conducting malicious arbitrage through violating the terms and conditions mentioned above, including but not limited to mobile number, UnionPay Card and UnionPay APP etc., UnionPay International reserves the right not to reward or claim against the reward, and forbid the offending users for participating in any promotion activities in future.
- It shall be known by the Users that all kinds of uncertainties exist in the Internet. UnionPay International reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion due to force majeure or large-scale malicious arbitrage in the Promotion, communication route failure or large-scale computer hacking etc.
- UnionPay International shall not take any responsibility on the inability of participation in the Promotion due to the problem of Users’ own electronic devices or other systems.
- All time in the Promotion is based on the system time of UnionPay International.
- UnionPay International is neither the vendor nor the service provider of the public transportation services, thus please contact the corresponding public transportation companies for service details and UnionPay International shall not take any responsibility for the transportation services provided.
- Participation in the Promotion constitutes an acceptance of all terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- The Promotion and usage of UnionPay APP are bound by other terms and conditions. Users can refer to UnionPay APP for details.
- UnionPay International reserves the right to amend the Chinese and English versions of the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In case of any discrepancy, the Chinese version shall prevail for all purposes.
Find Out More